Assistant Accountant based in Crewe
Your new company
My client is a leader in their field based in Crewe and are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Experience of working in a small finance team and a good level of general ledger and balance sheet understanding is essential, experience of purchase ledger, credit control and sales ledger functions required.
- Ensure monthly income statements and balance sheet reports are prepared in accordance with IFRS standard and journals are posted by the agreed timetable to ensure that the BMIS report can be sent to Germany within the required timeframe.
- Assist in the preparation and collation of the Financial audit requirements and be the main contact during the audit.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT and supply to UK for HMRC submission. Champion for 'Making Tax Digital'
- Complete any other Government statistical data that is required (Office of National Statistics)
- To prepare and circulate regular cash flow reports (actual and forecasts) on a weekly basis or as needed. Working with the purchase and sales ledger functions to control foreign currency purchases/sales as necessary
- Assist in the production of the monthly operational reports. Also to assist in the preparation of any other ad-hoc reports as required by the Management team
- Ensure all nominal ledger account reconciliations are completed to agreed timetable and any identified errors are rectified.
- Ensure the Company's fixed asset register is maintained
- To contribute towards the preparation of annual budgets in accordance with guidelines
- Prepare the regular daily and weekly revenue reports and graphs
- Foreign currency purchasing
- Sales revenue and statistical analysis
What you'll need to succeed
Part Qualified AAT/CIMA/ACCA or Accountancy degree, minimum of 5 years experience in all aspects of day to day finance. Excellent numerical skills with attention to detail and accuracy, intermediate excel skills (if functions, vlookups, pivot tables). Proven ability to liaise and communicate with non-financial and financial staff and managers. Good use of time, planning and the ability to adapt quickly to change. Advanced excel skills.
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Matched Contribution Pension scheme, Discounted Health Care Schemes, Free onsite parking, Life assurance, Employee Assistance Programme, Health care for work, Tax efficient salary exchange schemes (Cycle to work and child care vouchers)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.