Credit Controller Stafford £20,000- £22,000
Your new company
My client based in Stafford is looking for an experienced Credit Controller to join their friendly finance team.
Your new role
As a Credit Controller you will be working in accounts receivable team reporting to Credit Manager.
Your main responsibilities will include
- Chasing debt by telephone and in writing to expedite the timely settlement of all accounts, in a manner which maintains positive customer relationships and to meet collection targets.
- Resolving account discrepancies.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts in a defined ledger.
- Ensuring KPIs and operational targets are met.
- Reconciling account payments/bank remittances on a daily basis, raising and adjusting stop lists and releasing credit as appropriate. Action daily invoice postings accordingly.
- Taking ownership of invoice queries by supporting and engaging with stakeholders to get resolution.
- Adhering to company control procedures for the safeguarding of financial resources, processes and systems.
- Embrace new initiatives, positively supporting the department in change and innovation.
- Maintain an awareness of health, safety and environmental standards as determined by Company policy and statutory requirements.
- Ensure all aspects of job function comply with these.
- Maintain integrity of customer data held on SAP ERP system.
- The timely resolution of invoice queries via workflow to ensure customers pay on time.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have strong background in credit control, be flexible in your approach to work, open minded and willing to progress. You will need to work well within a team environment .Knowledge of SAP accounting system would be an advantage.
What you'll get in return
Depending on experience you will get salary of £20,000- £22,000 , holiday allowance of 26.5, days Pension Scheme, Employee Share Scheme , Healthcare Cash Plan , Personal Development Company Training and Support, Life Insurance, free on site parking and onsite canteen
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.