Financial Accountant - 14 Month Fixed Term Contract
Financial Accountant - 14 Month Fixed Term Contract - ACA qualified - £40,000-50,000
Your new company
Responsible for the financial reporting of global subsidiaries. Preparing quarterly financial reporting submissions under IFRS and preparation of the statutory accounts under UK GAAP. You will be building relationship with well-established teams such as the consolidation team, tax, treasury and secretariat. You will need to liaise with external auditors on a regular basis and co-ordinate the audit of the statutory accounts.
Your new role
- Review and understand monthly trial balances
- Preparation of quarterly and year end Financial Management reporting packs under IFRS for submission to the Group consolidation team in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts under UK GAAP, using Caseware as a statutory account software package, including liaison with the Group tax department, Group treasury and Company Secretariat.
- Co-ordinate the external audit of the Group reporting packs and annual statutory accounts.
- Ensure statutory accounts have appropriate and accurate tagging for the Inland Revenue year end tax filing requirements for each statutory entity.
- Maintain a detailed and up to date knowledge of all matters related to IFRS, UK GAAP and other relevant regulatory accounting requirements.
- Assist the Director of Financial Reporting in establishing and implementing new accounting policies under both IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Ensure that relevant Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to.
- Assist the Director of Financial Reporting in evaluating and implementing new process solutions.
- Respond to information requests from the Group tax department, both in the UK and US.
- Help to ensure financial systems are developed and maintained to meet legal entity and Group reporting requirements.
- Participate in projects and complete ad hoc tasks, as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA or equivalent accounting qualification essential.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 2+ years of post-qualification experience in a financial reporting environment, either within the accountancy profession or in industry.
- Experience of producing financial statements under IFRS and UK GAAP essential. PeopleSoft, Hyperion Financial Management and Caseware experience an advantage. Hotel industry background preferred.
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, modern, newly refurbished offices which are easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester, we provide free car parking onsite as well as a free onsite gym and a subsidised restaurant.
*Please note this is a 14 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave*
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Financial Accountant - 14 Month Fixed Term Contract
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly