• For Independents - contact Finance Department and make sure invoices have been received/authorised and ready for payment.
• Post and allocate all cash payments for own specific ledger making sure this is done efficiently with zero tolerance on unallocated cash, all underpayments to be followed up with immediate effect.
• To ensure all customer Retention balances are collected as sites are completed and Retentions become due.
• Maintain account details so they are constantly up to date Log all contact details after every communication on the system for future reference. Work to Cash & DSO targets on a monthly basis set by AR Manager. Identify issues and drive for issue resolution as soon as possible. Run reports from the system as required in excel to be constantly fully updated on ledger status. To procure payment details from customer and add payment value to the Cash Tracker for forecasting purposes. Monitor payment promises and make sure they materialise following up on any failed payments. Use mechanisms in place to monitor promised payments/ top ten issues/ issue reports. Build relationships with customer's key contacts to facilitate early/speedy settlement. Make sure the customer has everything required to process invoices for payment sending copy invoices, statements, jobs sheets etc. as required. Prioritising workload effectively to make sure the ledger is fully contacted pro-actively. Understand customer billing/authorisation and payment schedules so contact is done at the right time and is more effective.
• To assist Invoicing Team as and when required.
• Liaise closely with commercial, cross functions teams and key stake holders within the company.
• Ensure that a professional and courteous approach is adopted at all times Strictly adhere to all Health and Safety procedures and ensure that the working environment is practical for both yourself and others.
• And any other reasonable duties commensurate with the post, which may be allocated from time to time. It is essential that the successful candidate has skills and expertise in the following: Driven and motivated individuals who have: Proven experience of at least3 years experience of working within a busy high pressured, target orientated, credit management environment. To understand the billing/authorisation and payment process of Key Accounts to tailor contact levels around those schedule time lines. The ability to build relationships with key customers and procure payment within terms on a consistent basis. Ability to understand and read payment patterns and identify signals of delinquent payers and target payment accordingly. Have a good understanding of Credit Management, Credit Terms, DSO and DDSO and how they affect the business. Must have excellent attention to detail, Excellent keyboard and system skills, Excellent communicator Ability to work on own initiative and manage workload and prioritise effectively. Drive to consistently deliver on performance on both Cash & DSO. Professional behaviour befitting of a Professional Credit Control role within a commercial finance role. High level of confidentiality and integrity.Demonstrate flexibility and be willing to work over and above in line with business requirements. 5 GCSE's Grade C or above or equivalent to include Maths and English Working towards AAT levels 2/3or ICM qualification. (or equivalent). Be innovative constantly looking for system and procedure enhancements to increase efficiency. Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in credit management role. Previous experience of working within the construction industry. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a challenging yet rewarding environment.Please note that flexibility in working hours will be required to meet the needs of the business. Working Hours: 40 hours per week, working Monday to Friday between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 5.30 p.m., with 1-hour unpaid break daily, however flexibility in working hours will be required.Please note that occasional weekend working may also be required. This is a superb opportunity to join a unique business at an exciting and challenging time. To apply please forward your full CV and covering letter highlighting your experience T