Transportation Customs Compliance Lead
• Support the implementation of Customs Regimes
• Responsible for managing the effective clearance of goods when applicable, for ensuring full compliance will all applicable customs & duties regulations and for effectively managing all applicable duties & tax waiving schemes related to distribution and manufacturing business
• Allow HMRC Officers access to the Warehouses, the Goods and their records
• Work with external warehousing partners to monitor and report daily consumption and Customs inventory consumption.
• Ensure that border crossing shipments comply with the rules and regulations of Customs authorities.
• Monitors import, Customs warehouse and export entries, customs relevant EDI interfaces
• Maintain and update HTS classification table
• Support and execute regulatory compliance audits; internally and at external parties such as customs brokers
• Support customs compliance initiatives and competencies, which include the areas of customs entry operations, customs warehousing, broker management and internal auditing. Remains current on laws, regulation and practices effecting Customs compliance To succeed in the role you need to have the following skills: Expertise in Customs Warehousing requirements within an international FMCG Exposed to international transportation business (air/ocean/truck) and their regulations as IATA/IMO/ADR and AEO compliance (Authorized Shipper) Meet HMRC's conditions for Customs Warehousing Extensive knowledge of UK and International Customs laws and regulations with solid knowledge of stock-management of a bonded-warehouse plus carrying a preferential status along the system-chain. Experienced in conducting internal customs audits and risk assessment Support and help develop a trade compliance business model and management processes Experienced in administration of transports & operation through best-in-class ERP IT Systems (SAP SD/MM), WMS Manage a transportation team and ensure operating procedures are followed, team is engaged and open to a changing environment. Good digital and analytical competences with an advanced use level of MS Office Package, as SharePoint, MS Excel Compliance and results oriented Formal training or experience in import/export compliance or similar certifications, working experience within Customs Broker environment highly desirable The ideal candidate will have: Junior management in Supply Chain or Logistics preferred; Experience of working within International Trade