Permanent Financial Accountant based in Dumfries.
Your new company
A leading business focused on the development of innovative products and services who are part of a global group, are seeking a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis.
Your new role
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for assisting with preparation of financial statements and reports to meet management and statutory requirements. You will be joining an experienced team in Dumfries providing financial reporting, SOX compliance and management support for the business.
Key duties will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly accounting statements with specific responsibility for certain areas of the balance sheet such as fixed assets, general accruals & prepayments and bank.
- Reporting of sales, gross margin and other KPI data for local management and submission to head office in USA.
- Preparation of Intrastat and assistance with VAT returns.
- Expense and KPI analysis at cost centre level together in particular logistics, distribution centre efficiency and headcount.
- Sarbanes Oxley /internal audit testing
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and accuracy, together with an enquiring mind are the key attributes for the successful candidate
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a part / full qualified Accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with proven experience at a similar, you will have a good working knowledge of Excel, and the ability to manage and analyse large sets of data and transactions. You will have an eye for detail, and excellent communication to work effectively across the business. Experience of Sage 200, JDE or Hyperion would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of growing and experienced team.
A competitive salary of up to £40,000 is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications.
Additional benefits on offer include 5% pension, 25 days holiday and death in service.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.