Excellent opportunity for a finance assistant in Sheffield with strong salary offering and package - £26,000
Your new company
I am delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with a leading local not-for-profit business operating in the financial services sector.
My client provides financial products at competitive rates to prestigious local businesses including businesses such as leading transport services and regional NHS trusts.
Your new role
Part Time - 4 days per week - Tuesday to Friday 8am - 4pm
You will be working closely with the Finance Manager to assist in the day to day running of the business.
This role is an exciting role which will offer varied exposure to different elements of a Finance assistant role. you will:
- Ensure the timely processing of members share/loan withdrawals
- Daily cashflow forecasting
- Processing of cash deposits in line with AML
- Download, verify and process payrolls
- Creation and collection of Direct Debits
- Petty cash processing
Main responsibilities, duties and tasks will include:
- Cash Management, including recording income, expenditure and members loan/share withdrawals on a daily, weekly and four weekly periods. Cash flow forecasting.
- Downloading, verifying and processing members' cash deposits and wage deductions daily.
- Creating and initiating weekly and bi-monthly Direct Debit collections.
- Ensuring the timely processing of members loans/share withdrawals, i.e. verifying criteria, bank details. Prepare approved shares/loan withdrawals via the CU accounting system and transmit data via electronic transfer.
- Ensure timely receipts of payments from external payroll companies.
- Petty cash processing.
- Process and pay purchase ledger invoices.
- Ensure confidentiality of records in order that they meet GDPR standards.
- Liaise with external auditors and provide information and reports where necessary.
What you'll need to succeed
- AAT trained preferred/book keeper experience
- High level of numeracy and accuracy
- Attention to detail a must
- Work to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good Communicator
- IT literate - Experienced in using Excel
- Must be able to work under pressure and on own initiative
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well established and successful business, offering a generous salary with excellent benefits package. My client is based in the Meadowhall area of Sheffield, offering ample free parking nearby.
You will be offered a starting salary of up to £26,000 per annum (FTE - starting salary will be pro rata'd to 4 days), rising to £27.5k pro rata in second year depending on agreed set objectives.
You will also be offered 30 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays) with high probability of extra days off between the Christmas and New Year period in addition to the 30 days.
Following successful probationary period, you will be entitled to:
- 3 months full sick pay
- Group Income Protection Plan
- Company pension contribution of 5% with employee contribution minimum of 3%
- Basic Westfield Health Plan
- Subsidised loan rates
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.