Risk and Assurance Manager - Luxury Jewellery Business
Protect shareholder value by ensuring that security risks are properly managed across global entities, involved with the sale/processing of high value jewellery. Responsible for ensuring all security risks owned by the security function are identified, quantified and appropriately mitigated.
Our client is an international corporation that specialises in diamond exploration, diamond mining, diamond retail, diamond trading and industrial diamond manufacturing sectors. It operates in 35 countries and sells approximately 35% of the world's rough diamond production.
- Directing service providers, ensuring that deliverables are established and agreed, and that third parties are meeting their programme and quality commitments.
- Developing outputs from third party assessments into prioritised business unit level and entity level improvement plans that identify critical controls to mitigate risks.
- Systematically reviewing improvement plan progress with business unit managers and adjusting plans and commitments as necessary.
- Maintaining security and risk status dashboards for each of the operating companies and providing management reports.
- Acting as the main point of contact with the Insurance Team.
- Seeking insurance approvals and providing details of specific security arrangements that might be required by policy underwriters.
- Maintaining and administering insurance exposure registers for global operations.
- Working as part of a management team to define and document minimum requirements for: physical protections, security technology, manned guarding, process security, background screening, event security, etc.
- Developing and deploying training, and training materials, providing bespoke ongoing security awareness programmes for various groups within the workforce
- Strong leadership skills.
- High-quality security risk management skills.
- Consensus building and persuasive.
- Able to communicate security concepts to management / staff at all levels within the business.
- Significant experience / knowledge of retail security (ideally within the luxury goods sector)
- Good (non-technical) knowledge of security technologies (CCTV, access control, alarm systems, secure storage, etc.).
- Good knowledge of basic security controls / processes (physical protections, manned guarding, surveillance, background screening, procedural security, etc.).
- Experience conducting threat and vulnerability assessments.
- Formal security / risk management qualification (bachelor's degree level or higher).
- Risk Management role with a focus on operational security
- Exposure to a range of business units
- Luxury Goods business
- Central London location
- line management of 2 individuals
- Part of a larger team of 11