Financial Accountant (SAP)
Reporting to UK RTR Supervisor, the role involves assisting in the preparation of group reporting and accounts by working autonomously to follow established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organisations financial records and transactions in an accurately and timely fashion.
Global business who encourages their employees to challenge themselves and they offer an environment that fosters creativity and success.
- Provide technical accounting support through strong knowledge of IFRS.
- Ensure month end tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner. Examples include, but are not restricted to, accruals, prepayments, provisions, inventory revaluations and fixed asset responsibilities).
- Analyse month end processes and look for ways to streamline/improve the process. Once improvement opportunity has been identified, you will be required to take the lead on the improvement project, liaising with key internal stakeholders when required.
- Assist in the year-end and hard close process. This involves playing a key part in the budget setting process.
- Take ownership of assigned area. This involves reviewing financial statements, and providing detailed analysis when required.
- Play a key role in both internal/external financial Audits. Ensure all financial entries have relevant bank up, and assist Auditors as required (provide financial information, provide support when required).
- Ensure all balance sheet reconciliations are completed within the month, and manage unreconciled items in an accurate and timely manner.
- Coordination and performance of other operational transactions and reporting requested by management.
- Part qualified or working towards an accounting qualification (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with a minimum of 5 years of working industry.
- Highly proficient with advanced Excel skills a must.
- SAP Knowledge (Essential).
The successful candidate will receive a salary paying up to £35,000 with excellent company benefits.