Graduate Accounts Assistant
1 day left
- Level of qualification
- Not qualified
Looking for a role that will teach you about all areas of Finance in a small, fast growing business? Want to work with a friendly, enthusiastic and driven team? Do you want the opportunity to make a real impact on a business from day one? Are you keen to develop an awesome collection of transferable skills that will set you up for a killer career? Great – we’ve got all that in bucket loads and we’d love to meet you.
In this newly created role, you’ll spend most of your time getting into the nitty gritty of SportPursuit’s finances with the Accounts Payable team and the rest of the time learning about the wider Finance department with our Management Accountant. You’ll also have the opportunity to study CIMA, which we’ll give you some financial and study support for.
When you’re with the Management Accounts team we’ll teach you about the rest of the Finance function here at SportPursuit; what reporting do we do and what can we do to make the business as successful as possible in the future. When you’re with the AP team you’ll spend your time reviewing and approving invoices, finding ways to resolve queries as quickly as possible and building relationships with suppliers and colleagues to get the most favourable resolution possible.
- Management accounts
- Support the Management Accountant with “month end” reporting, taking ownership of particular areas as your skills develop
- Analysis of financial data to help the business operate as profitably as possible
- International Tax and other compliance reporting (depending on what Brexit has to offer)
- Build new processes to make your work quicker, more accurate and more efficient
- Accounts payable:
- Matching stock invoices to the relevant PO and obtaining authorisation from the relevant department heads for all other invoices
- Replying to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely manner
- Processing payment runs on a fortnightly basis, as well as any ad hoc payments, and creating payment templates within the online banking system
- Reconciling supplier statements and providing remittances advices and payment confirmations when necessary
- Chasing internal stakeholders for invoice approvals on a regular basis
- Reviewing employee expense claims and providing ad hoc support in preparation of the month end management accounts and for the year end audit
- Both roles:
- Be the Accounts Payable expert in the Management Accounts function, and the Management Accounts expert in the Accounts Payable function!
- Identify, suggest and contribute towards process improvements across the Finance department
Skills and experience required:
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
- 120+ UCAS points (or equivalent)
- A grade (or above) in English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
- Looking for a career in Finance and Accounting
- Very well organised with good time management
- Committed to constant improvement
- Team player
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Great eye for detail
- Proactive ‘Can do’ attitude
- Excel skills (we’ll test you in a selection of SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, String formulae, VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH. If you don’t know how to do these now, there are some great excel tutorials online)
- Workplace pension - we're set up with The Peoples Pension to make sure we're contributing to help you save for retirement.
- Holiday – 22 days of holiday a year, and we encourage you take it. We’ll also throw in an extra day off for your birthday.
- Food & Drink – Hobnobs, tea and coffee, plus all the toast and peanut butter you can eat.
- Socials – A social budget which grows every time we hit budget, with a social team that just loves using it!
- The Workspace complex – kitted out with showers, a cafe, and a Pure Gym.
- Culture – if you love being active you’ll love our office, with yoga once a week, running clubs and our annual sports day.
- Cycle to Work, season ticket loan scheme, childcare vouchers and more
SportPursuit is a fast paced, entrepreneurial team where self starters have an opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the internet’s fastest growing sports businesses. We’re a dedicated and passionate team who work hard to make things happen. If you’re ambitious and talented, and want to shape the future of the business but don’t mind getting your hands dirty this could be just the place for you.