We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Bumble is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.
*Closing date: 22nd March 2019*
Bumble is looking for an enthusiastic, flexible Accounts Assistant to join our growing accounting team with an initial focus in Accounts Payable and potential to work towards an accounting qualification e.g. ACCA/CIMA, subsidized by Bumble. This role is based in our London office, reporting to the Bumble Accountant (based in Austin TX) with a dotted line to the Associate Director: International Operations (also based in London).
This is an ideal role for a recent graduate with a finance or business related degree. The right candidate will have strong attention to detail and accuracy with a love for spreadsheets and data. You should be prepared to adapt to ever-changing situations, ideally with a track record of supporting high growth companies. This role must be able to work and communicate effectively with both the finance team and other departments, including marketers and creatives, all while maintaining confidentiality, organization, and efficiency.
This role will be responsible for handling financial transactions for our UK entity, Bumble Holding Ltd, relating to activity taking place across the UK, Europe, India and potentially further afield as required.
- Work with the UK & US-based Accounts Payable teams to quickly and accurately raise purchase orders for various departments across multiple time zones
- Coordinate with suppliers & marketing teams to source required documentation efficiently and effectively
- Process credit card transactions and other revolving credit lines used by the team
- Work directly with cardholders to ensure that the expenditure is appropriately processed and the appropriate financial regulations are followed
- Assist in month-end close processes, including creating and entering various journal entries, performing assigned account reconciliations, and reviewing other team members’ activity for accuracy
- Assist with audits as needed
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as requested
- Assist in document retention and organisation
- Assist with general process improvements to scale with fast-paced company growth
- Help with expense reimbursement processing
- Assist with various ad-hoc duties within the finance team on a group level
Required experience, knowledge, and skills:
- Finance or business related degree
- Strong Excel ability including use of vlookups and pivot tables
- Strong organisational skills
- Past experience in a high growth start-up environment preferred
- Ability to speak at least one European language besides English would be a bonus
- SAP Business One experience a plus
Flexible & adaptable; feels energised by working on a wide range of tasks at all times
Self starter: thrives on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
Instinctive understanding of, and alignment with, Bumble’s brand values
Exceptional communication skills as you will be a key point of contact for teams globally
Comfortable working across time zones
*Closing date: 22nd March 2019*
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work for Bumble and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role!
To learn more about life at the Bumble Hive, click here: https://thebeehive.bumble.com/careers/
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.
Since its launch in 2014, Bumble has grown to become one of the most relevant social networks worldwide. Today, Bumble, the "female first" app with over 50 million users, connects people across dating, friendship and professional networking. No matter the type of relationship, women make the first move on Bumble. Bumble recognizes the importance of relationships and how crucial they are to a healthy, happy life. We’ve built our platform around kindness, respect, and equality – and our users play an important part in that. Bumble holds its users accountable for their actions and has zero tolerance for hate, aggression or bullying. Bumble is available in 144 countries. Since 2014, Bumble has facilitated over half a billion women-led first moves and over four billion messages sent. Bumble is free and available in the App Store and Google Play.