Senior Accounts Assistant
Senior Accounts Assistant in Warwick - Apply Now!
Your new company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are proud to be working with an education organisation based in Warwick, to recruit a Senior Accounts Assistant on a permanent, full-time basis.
Your new role
As the Senior Accounts Assistant, you will be providing senior accounting support, with a focus on project accounting; production of invoices; supporting the production of key management information; and assisting with financial planning. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Monitoring the group's portfolio of research projects budgets and forecasts.
- Preparing and submitting research grants and contract claims and reconciling individual research accounts.
- Assisting with the preparation of costings for new activity.
- Preparing regular management accounting information for senior management.
- Preparing financial reports to be used as management information.
- Providing support to the assistant accountant and Head of Finance on an ad hoc basis.
- Developing and maintaining financial procedures and systems within the group.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will be fully AAT qualified, or have an equivalent qualification. You will have excellent numerical and IT skills with the ability to manipulate and present financial date using MS excel. Previous experience working with a HE environment and supervisory experience is desirable, but not essential. You will be able to work independently and plan, control and administer a wide portfolio of tasks.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.