COMMERCIAL FINANCE ANALYST
Your new company
Our client is a well established and highly reputable, growth partner for a large and diverse set of customers. With over 40,500 people in 67 countries around the globe, they design and deliver tailored solutions to solve complex and often unique problems. As an operational service provider, their people are at the heart of their business and their success.
Your new role
They are currently looking to appoint an experienced Commercial Finance Analyst, who would be responsible for effective reporting of month end results and for partnering with the business and the finance teams in the forecasting and planning exercise. Responsibilities include:
- Month- end process and P&Ls - accruals and prepayments; P&L trend analysis, reconciling, identifying any abnormalities and understanding the reason behind discrepancies; working with Business Units and Finance team providing explanations for P&Ls variances against budget / Forecasts; understand performance and profitability of key customers.
- Reporting - providing key analysis to understand performance; reporting on key customer performance; providing ad-hoc analysis to support decision making; supporting the operations in KPI follow ups; providing subcontractor cost analysis per supplier.
- Improvement - new customer profitability analysis; constantly improving working files and automating processes as much as possible; participate in new projects.
- Budgeting - preparing the annual budget; creating budget templates for Sales, Costing, Headcount and Capital Investment; providing meaningful forecast data and challenging the Operations team as and when necessary
- Participating in periodic operations meetings and resolving queries directly with management team.
- Establishing a robust and accurate forecasting and budgeting process (P&L), monitoring, interpreting and communicating the actual performance versus targets.
- Identifying and communicating actions to capitalise opportunities, mitigate risks and suggest improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal person for this role will be part-qualified or fully qualified CIMA or ACCA with demonstrable experience in commercial finance. Proven experience in month end/ closing processes, budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis and costing is key along with the ability to business partner effectively. Other key requirements include strong Excel skills and good numerical reasoning. Personal strengths include confidence, strong communication skills and a proactive nature.
What you'll get in return
Offering a rewarding benefits package and a competitive salary, this business offer a friendly working environment and good career development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.