Using Corporate Performance Management software to perform consolidation and reporting functions in the Group Head Office and produce reports to Directors and senior management of the company. The candidate will improve and enhance financial analysis to increase stakeholder knowledge and engagement and fulfil external statutory reporting requirements.
A privately owned International group, initially established over 200 years ago, this company continues to expand and currently comprises of several distinct divisions spanning a number of divisions. Currently employing over 1400 people operating in 9 countries.
Key responsibilities include;
* Financial analysis and reporting - using CPM and Microsoft office products.
* Consolidation and production of monthly management accounts, providing key management information to Directors and senior management of the business on a timely basis.
* Consolidation and production of quarterly rolling forecasts, annual budgets and annual 5-year Strategic Plans.
* Develop, maintain and continually improve the reporting system alongside the Group Reporting Manager.
* Maintain, develop and administer group reporting software.
* Provide support, advice and appropriate training on reporting software to Finance Managers across the Group.
* Assist in the production of the Group Statutory Report & Accounts liaise with Group Marketing and external designers for the successful completion of this document.
* Assist the Group Reporting Manager to ensure the Group reporting function has appropriate software and tools to fulfil the reporting requirements to Directors and Senior Management and external statutory bodies.
* Assist in the production and maintenance of user manuals for all Group reporting software.
* Ad hoc reporting requirements.
* To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as required or instructed in order to maintain and/or improve the efficiency, quality and service provided by Group Finance.
* To undertake business travel abroad and within the UK as and when required.
Experience & Knowledge
* Deadline orientated financial organisation
* Experience of working with database applications, especially CPM products
* An ability to create and use complex financial models for development and analysis of the business qualifications
* Education to degree level or equivalent
* Part qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or equivalent finance experience
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
* Ability to prioritise workload effectively.
* Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail.
* Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
* Good knowledge of other MS Office products
* Excellent data modelling skills.
* Knowledge and use of financial consolidation software such as OneStream, Hyperion and Cognos
* Knowledge of IBM Cognos Disclosure Management (CDM)
* Knowledge of CXO Cockpit dashboard reporting software
* Good interpersonal skills
* Highly organised
* An ability to multitask
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good understanding of business as well as financial issues
* Ability to work to tight deadlines
An opportunity to work for a truly global organisation in a role that provides internal progression opportunities unlike any other within the local market.