Corporate Finance Financial Modeller
* The M&A modelling team supports all of the deals (sell-side, buy-side, project finance and debt advisory) across the wider M&A team by providing model build services across a range of sectors.
* You will work closely with our deal teams and clients throughout the deal process and look to add considerable value throughout this time; the client relationship and management is as important as the technical delivery.
My cleint is a market leader in mid-market M&A deals and their team has unrivalled experience of transacting over a wide range of sectors
They are looking for a dedicated modelling resource based in Birmingham to support Birmingham M&A deals.
* Our modelling offering involves developing complex financial models using MS Excel. Our models are customised to the specific requirements of each project and are therefore bespoke in nature
* Our modellers work closely with the deal teams and the end clients, to understand the key drivers of the business that we are modelling
* A typical model build process will include, attending initial planning meeting, building of the operational model, continual explanation and development through client liaison and inclusion of financial / deal overlays.
* We are looking for someone with an accountancy qualification with some prior experience in financial modelling and ideally with some deal experience / exposure
* They will work under more experienced modellers based in London, and from the start be an integral part of our delivery team, working primarily on Birmingham based M&A projects.
* There is significant scope for progression for the right individual once they have embedded themselves in the team and shown their capabilities to build robust financial models for M&A deals
* Accountancy qualification - ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
* Numeracy- we deal with complex mathematical concepts and the candidate must be confident about abstracting ideas and deriving a suitable approach to solving the problem
* Literacy - our service offering requires the ability to express clearly and concisely complex financial matters, with no room for ambiguity
* Excel skills - while we expect to provide continual and ongoing training in the technical side of financial modelling, the candidate should have a good level of understanding and experience in building financial models. Some VBA programming skills would be desirable, but not a pre-requisite.
* Deal experience - As most of our assignments involve working on M&A deals, experience of working on deals and an understanding of different parts of an M&A deal would be preferable
* Ownership and responsibility - the candidate will quickly be in a position of delivering decision-critical work on deals; the desire and ability to take responsibility for the client's requirements is therefore paramount to success within our team
Competitive salary and package.
Chance to work for a first class regional M&A team and progress in meritocratic environment.