Group Reporting Accountant
Your new company
A highly successful and well established investment backed commercial group are looking to recruit a qualified Accountant to join the business as Group Reporting Accountant, based at their offices near Colchester, Essex
Your new role
Reporting into the Group Finance Director and working with the entity Financial Controllers and General Managers the Group Reporting Accountant will be responsible for the production of the group consolidated statutory reporting in line with FRS102, the production of the group monthly management reporting, budgeting, forecasting and board pack. They will also be pivotal in leading finance projects across the group as an example they will be responsible for the review and development of product costing, margin and pricing structure and reporting for the group.
* Produce the monthly consolidated Management Information Pack and Cashflow
* Review and analyse all inputs to the Pack & Cashflow
* Address any inaccuracies or differences with Group businesses regarding their source data to ensure
accuracy, quality and completeness of all incoming data
* Maintain strong working relationships with finance teams and senior management within subsidiaries
* Assist subsidiary management in better business understanding to aid decision making
* Provide variance analysis and commentary in support of the MI Pack, including notes/updates as required
* Adapt and improve management reports as agreed with Group FD
* Consolidate annual budget, including long-term cashflow planning and rolling business plan/forecast
* Manage timetable for Group companies' input to budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting
* Perform key balance sheet reconciliation tasks and central journal postings
* Business analysis on specified areas and new projects as needed from time to time
* Other adhoc management reports and duties as agreed with Group FD to assist in achieving overall business objectives
What you'll need to succeed
The Group Reporting Accountant will be a technically strong and commercially minded qualified accountant with experience of working in the manufacturing/engineering sector. They will be self motivated, have excellent organisational skills and be able to deliver accurate and high quality work within timescale. They will be a confident communicator able to influence, present and build rapport at all levels and have a flexible approach to work, willingness for some travel across business sites and wish to play a full role in ensuring the success of the business. The Group Reporting Accountant will have strong IT and process improvement skills to be able to successfully lead in the development of the groups IT systems and processes across the group.
What you'll get in return
The Group Reporting Accountant will work closely with the board and senior management team and have the opportunity to influence strategy and decisions. As the group continues to grow they will have exposure to acquisitions, integration, structuring and financing. They will be offered a highly competitive base salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click apply now to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.