Reporting to the Senior Project Accountant, to support and accurately report on the financial performance of contracts within the business unit. Working closely with the Senior team, as well as other functions, to drive maximum profitability and efficiency. Build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with the Senior team.
Well-established in the engineering sector, the company provides skilled, bespoke engineering services which allows their customers to improve their own performance whilst reducing costs. They work in highly regulated environments managing complex assets for both defence and civil customers.
They are a trusted partner who understands the critical role that their customers' assets and infrastructure play in delivering their business.
- Working with the contract manager and their delivery team to allow them financial responsibility for their areas of delivery then using the information to update financial models for budget & forecast, including balance sheet assumptions, while ensuring the financial integrity of these models
- To provide financial input into the month end process including detailed variance analysis for contract movements against budget, forecast and monthly fluctuations
- Processing contract change requests in terms of finance input and sign-off, liaising closely with commercial and operational stakeholders
- Managing timely submission and agreement of billing values to enable accurate cash forecasting
- Responsibility for the deliverables to meet external reporting requirements regarding quarterly, annual and completion Cost Certificate and Financial Summaries
- Responsibility to deputise for the Senior Project Accountant as and when required
- Support in Contractual Governance meetings with the customer and other stakeholders to ensure a common and accurate understanding of the financial performance to date and future financial forecasting
- Provide second line support for contact with customer and contract manager where financial queries arise (including internal customers, e.g. Group Reporting or Transactions teams)
- Provide second line support for internal and external auditors in their review of contract performance and associated data
- Assist where required in the implementation of new Group policies, changes in accounting policies where relevant to assigned contracts, and in ensuring adherence to internal controls
- Ensure key financial controls are in place and operating effectively in all new operating systems and processes
- Production and maintenance of gainshare calculations
- Operational modelling
- Production of customer reports as required
- Working towards or in possession of recognised professional qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA preferred)
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed
- Ability to maintain knowledge of industry and regulatory standards
- Project/Long Term Accounting is advantageous
An opportunity to work within a large public company with scope for progression and personal/ professional development. A competitive salary is on offer along with a benefits package.