This Financial Accountant role will ensure a timely and accurate monthly close, helping to improve and build sustainable processes and maintain a robust control environment. Further, this role will interface significantly with both finance and operational regional leaders. Unique opportunities to develop and learn are available in our fast-moving and results-orientated environment which places a heavy emphasis on continuous improvement.
My client are a leading global supplier based of fuel dispensing equipment, fully integrated point of sale systems for the global petroleum marketplace with sales, manufacturing, research, development, and service locations in North and South America, Europe, Asia, the Pacific Rim and Australia. The role in particular will be based in Basildon
The key Responsibilities for this Financial Accountant role are:
- Prepare monthly Intercompany invoices and reconcile month end balances with global regions.
- Preparation of Quarterly schedules for corporate reporting.
- Standard and non-standard monthly journal postings and GL reconciliations.
- Management of the fixed asset postings and reconciliations, including purchases, disposals and depreciation.
- Daily bank postings and reconciliations ensuring all payments have the correct sign off in line with policy.
- Month end accruals review and posting.
- Preparation of key reserves for review with regional controllers.
- Drive efficiencies and process improvements, ensuring compliance with company policy & procedures, local and US AP requirements
- Adhoc duties as required
The successful Financial accountant will need to be:
- Part-qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA).
- Technically skilled with experience of month end reporting and reconciliations for multiple European entities
- Excellent system and spreadsheet skills
- Excellent Career progression
- Great benefit package