The Finance Analyst is depot based, and this individual may be the only finance operative on the site. As such, the successful candidate would need to be used to relationship building and being able to explain finance terminology in non finance terms and be strong enough in character to be able to push back if challenged over something they need to reinforce.
Operating from multisites across the UK, and having been established for over 50 years, my client is a well established FMCG brand based in Lanarkshire.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provision, analysis and interpretation of weekly and monthly reports to enable Distribution Centre performance to be monitored and enhanced
- Production of monthly management accounts and variance analysis
- Provide weekly flash and monthly forecasts of depot costs and volumes
- Reporting and monitoring of KPIs & volume on a weekly basis
- Close liaison with the Distribution Centre management teams to help identify trends, new opportunities, underperformance and such other issues as may enhance the performance and profitability of the business
- First point of contact for Distribution Centre management teams for Finance related matters
- Assist in the production of robust Budgets and Forecasts
- Ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures to deliver tight financial control
- Involvement in ad hoc projects and queries as required by the Regional Finance Manager, and other senior Regional management
- To identify and resolve errors and discrepancies.
- To plan, organize and manage own workload to ensure your contribution to the department's monthly and financial reporting process is achieved in a timely and accurate manner.
- To create, develop and maintain accounting spreadsheets used in the Finance function.
- To champion a culture of process improvement and assist with the execution of change programmes
- To maintain departmental MI/SAP systems.
The successful Finance Analyst will likely be;
- Qualified Accountant (e.g. CIMA/ACCA) who is looking to take the next step in their career
- Advanced level MS Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills and have the ability to liaise with both finance and non-finance individuals
- Ability to work alongside various senior stakeholders
- Experience in a fast paced and commercial working environment
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Accomplished interpersonal skills
My client is willing to offer a highly competitive package for the successful candidate, including a salary ranging from £40,000 - £45,000 plus a £5,000 car allowance.