This is an exciting hands-on opportunity to gain broad financial and project management experience on an International Project. My client has recently been awarded a £200 million contract, and this individual will assist the Programme in achieving all milestones whilst maintaining a commitment to quality and budget.
My client is FTSE 100 listed, and a member of the London Stock Exchange, and the largest manufacturer in Britain. Based just outside the city centre on the West side of Glasgow, they offer excellent long term career opportunities whilst looking after their staff.
- Providing Project Accounting support, challenge and advice to the Project teams through active engagmenet in Bids, Project Risk reviews and Contract Reviews
- Complying with the relevant elements of processes, and application of finance policies and financial controls
- Assisting project managers in the production of robust forecast updates and the completion of all weekly and monthly forecasting as required
- Analysing, review, challenge and advise on performance data; ensuring data integrity between the various systems
- Maintainin and reviewing of the project contract status reports including relevant comments to aid management understanding of movements and variances.
- ACCA/ CIMA/ ICAS qualified
- Working knowledge of a business partnering or project delivery capacity
- High level of commercial awareness in a contracting envionrment
- Capability and drive to challenge the business in order to maximise financial performance and control risk
- Working knowledge of an engineering, manufacturing, ship building or defence desirable
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable
My client is prepared to offer the following package for the successful Project Accountant;
- £42,000 - £45,000 (DOE)
- 25 days + 8 public holidays
- Defined pension contribution scheme (employee pays 4%, business pays 6%)
- Range of discounts and vouchers available
- Share scheme which offers employees the chance to purchase shares tax free
- Flexible working arrangement - staff work a 37 hour week, with flexibility on start or end times