Finance Manager - Remote Work
As Finance Manager you will be managing a team and owning a process in a global finance organization.
Reporting to the VP of Finance you will seamlessly run an area of a finance function such as OTC or Controllership, being fully ready to lead a team of 10+ finance professionals.You will also serve as a key member of the Finance Function Management Team.
We acquire a new software or IT services company every week. You will play a major role in the acquisition of some of these organizations and will be expected to lead the transformation of any acquired company in your area of a specific finance function within a 90-day time frame.
One of our key challenges is simplifying, standardizing and automating our finance processes. You will have to take immediate ownership and establish metrics and structure improvement goals to streamline the processes assigned to you, achieving industry excellence in performance and business value delivered.
We also want you to be an expert at setting stretch goals and to drive weekly productivity improvements based on metrics in a 100% remote working environment. You will continuously improve the quality of your team output in a centralized structure, hiring, coaching and managing up to 20 individual contributors. You will leverage your financial expertise, knowledge, and judgment to set a personal standard for excellence.
It is critical that you are an experienced professional with excellent English communication skills and can effectively manage senior relationships.
Manage a finance operations team in an organization structured around remote virtual teams. Lead Individual Contributors located in different time zones, and align goals and priorities in a non-traditional working environment.
Drive daily tasks and also productivity improvements through deep-diving and innovating across finance teams who specialize in one or more of the following finance functions: Controlling, Finance IT Systems, and Data Imports, Statutory Audits under US GAAP and IFRS, Operations including Treasury, OTC, PTP, GL and Tax, and Acquisitions.
Lead relevant finance aspect of acquisitions and integrations, including operations and continuous process improvement considering the pace of one acquisition, closed every week.
Ensure, or depending on team responsibility, support timeliness, accuracy and compliance of portfolio company financial statements for statutory, management and bank reporting purposes.
Ensure, or depending on team responsibility, support working capital management delivers working capital and cash needs of the portfolio.
Lead, or depending on team responsibility, support the finalization of significant migration initiative into Oracle's NetSuite 1 from legacy ERPs and in-house systems.
- 10+ years Finance experience of which 7+ years of US GAAP / IFRS experience in a financial management position of a company with international operations.
- 2+ years' experience of managing teams totaling 10+ finance professionals.
- Previous responsibility for end to end Finance process in a company generating at least $100 million (annualized) turnover, preferably in a software or IT company.
- Experience managing a complex statutory or internal audit - audit or client side.
- Experience with large-scale ERP systems, including an understanding of implementing best practices in at least one Finance Operations process such as OTC and PTP - NetSuite and Intacct a bonus.
- A proven team leader with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced and global environment.
- M&A experience is a must for all roles leading acquisitions and import teams, while for other Finance Operations roles M&A experience is an asset.
- A relevant bachelor's degree plus either CPA (or equivalent professional certification) or MBA.
- Excellent English communication skills.