An fantastic opportunity for an experienced accounts assistant to seamlessly transition to a growing business based from Ely, not only building on their own skill-set and knowledge but also playing an integral role in assisting with the growth of the business. Within this role you will be responsible for a large number of the accounts functions as well as assisting the team lead with the month end processes.
Our client our a well established FMCG business located in Ely with easy access avoiding any difficult traffic. Already an established business there are large future growth plans which has created the need for an Accounts Assistant to join their team experienced and driven finance team.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Reconcile all supplier's statements on a monthly basis and request copies of outstanding invoices and make payments in accordance with agreed payment terms.
- For the credit control function for this growing FMCG
- Process all credit references for new customers in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitor and review credit accounts and liaise with managers in respect of credit limits and ensure company procedures are followed.
- Ensure all receipts are accurately recorded, processed and banked in accordance with company procedures.
- Assiting with both the purchase and sales ledgers and the processing of invoices
- Both the weekly and monthly supplier statement runs
- Assisting the team lead with month end processes and journals
The successful applicant for the Accounts Assistant role will be:
- Working knowledge of SAGE or similar ERP system
- Excellent MS Office Excel skills.
- Hardworking and dedicated individual
- Experience working on Purchase and Sales ledgers.
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Studying towards AAT qualification
The successful applicant for the Accounts Assistant vacancy will be making a fantastic career move to a challenging but highly rewarding opportunity which places them at the forefront of this established FMCG in Ely. The successful applicant will receive a competitive salary alongside a wide ranging benefits package.