The Financial Controller vacancy has been newly created to support the finance function due to the sheer demand and growth of the business. This will be a broad FC role and will act as a stepping stone to anyone looking to progress their career further.
My client are a global manufacturing organisation based in Leeds.
The Financial Controller will be responsible but limited for the following:
- Provide accurate, timely qualitative and quantitative financial support for the UK and region.
- Be an active sparring partner for the regional head and functions in the peer group.
- Ensure correct profitability and cash flow analysis is carried out before customer contracts are entered into.
- Provide business modelling, for capital investments and new ventures.
- Benchmark the performance of operations in the region.
- Identify information gaps and develop solutions with relevant contributors.
- Identify business risks and opportunities within area of responsibility.
- Identify and resolve ERP and operating process gaps.
- Standardise processes across the region.
- Support the UK Legal Entity Controller by supplying information to allow consolidated reporting to take place in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide business planning, forecasting and budgeting know how and support to the relevant stakeholders.
- Support positive generation and preserve cash flow through education and operational KPI's.
- Provide financial awareness training to non-finance managers.
- Promote sharing of best practices across all legal entities.
- Develop and appraise the performance of the support team.
- Prepare effective and timely management information.
- Prepare and submit year end accounts where relevant.
- Ensure ownership of results by working closely with the profit centre managers.
- Ensure that Internal Control Systems are always enforced.
- Update corporate reporting systems
- Ad hoc support in all areas of financial performance
You'll demonstrate the following:
- High level communication skills; written and verbal
- High level of accuracy
- Negotiating and commercial acumen
- Assertiveveness / influence / persuasion
- Relationship management skills
- Customer service skills
- Team working skills
- Organisation skills
- Ability to act independently
Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- You'll be a qualified accountant - ACCA/CIMA or ACA
- Ideally you'll have manufacturing experience
- Staff management experience
- SAP exposure
What you'll get in return:
- Very competitive salary
- 30 Days Holiday
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension scheme up to 9% employer contribution
- Life Assurance x 4