Accounts Payable Assistant- SAP and Excel
Senior Accounts Payable Assistant- Retail Jewellery Company - Tottenham Court Road- Up to £30k- Temp to Perm
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE OR ON A SHORT NOTICE PERIOD.
Your new company
You will be working for a high end jewellery business located near Tottenham Court Road. The head office function is located above the main store where the beautiful jewellery is not only sold but also hand made!
Your new role
You will be working in a team of 5 and you will be responsible for the AP function dealing with the following duties:
- Ensure that the stock purchases of the business are accurately and efficiently recorded in the company ledgers in line with the company's procurement procedures.
- Ensure that the expense purchases of the business are accurately and efficiently recorded in the company ledgers.
- Registration and input of supplier invoices on receipt, through both the SAP PO and non-PO systems.
- Follow-up of invoice authorisations and approvals.
- Assist with preparation of payment runs, ensuring creditors are paid on time.
- Ensure that company procurement policies are followed in the stock ordering process.
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations between ledger and supplier statements.
- Stewardship of 'goods receipt not invoice' clearing ledger.
- Provide information for posting accruals and prepayments.
- Maintain AP ledger (aged creditors review, parked accruals, debit balances).
- Resolve queries from external suppliers and other departments within the company.
- Assist with preparation of year-end accounts and provide assistance to the external auditors.
Assist in other tasks and areas of the team's work as the need and opportunity arises.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be happy to take full responsibility of the AP function. Experience with SAP and Excel is essential and you must be resilient to manual processes in Excel. If you have experience in the retail industry dealing with stock this will be an advantage but is not essential.
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to work for an extremely high end jewellery brand located in the heart of the London west end. You will be paid a competitive rate and a salary of up to £32,000 should the role go permanent.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.