Local FMCG business in central Milton Keynes is on the lookout for an Accounts Assistant to join their team. This would be a great role for someone with a 1/2 years of experience to take their next step within a finance career.
Our client our a well established FMCG business located in the heart of Milton Keynes. A recent company merger and future growth plans has created the need for an Accounts Assistant to join their team.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
- Reconcile all supplier's statements on a monthly basis and request copies of outstanding invoices and make payments in accordance with agreed payment terms.
- Produce clients statements each month and ensure these are sent to them within 24 hours.
- Process all credit references for new customers in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitor and review credit accounts and liaise with managers in respect of credit limits and ensure company procedures are followed.
- Ensure all receipts are accurately recorded, processed and banked in accordance with company procedures.
- File records daily to ensure ease of access when required.
- Provide information to the dealership accountant regarding any problems which might adversely affect the production of monthly accounts.
Accounts Assistant Requirements:
- Working knowledge of SAGE or similar ERP system
- Excellent MS Office Excel skills.
- Hardworking and dedicated individual
- Experience working on Purchase and Sales ledgers.
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Be able to multi-task and work to deadlines.
- Be a solution driven individual.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Studying towards AAT qualification
Great opportunity for a accounts assistant to join a top local business