Group Operations Accounting Manager
This is a great chance to join a very successful business, who have a significant international footprint.
Your role will be tremendously varied and will include dealing with several different stakeholders.
This role is initially a 6 month fixed term contract, with a good chance of extending or becoming permanent.
Our client is a successful, Bristol based business, who have offices around the globe.
This is a new fixed-term role which supports the Group Finance Operations Controller in the financial processing and controls and on specific improvement projects including:
- Migration of world-wide banking from 18 different providers to 1 core brand
- Implementation of a new finance system
- Developing reporting and controls for global travel activity via the new system
- Updating release of core ERP system
Routine activities include:
- Treasury management, ensuring sufficient funds available in all entities and banks
- General Ledger and Purchase Ledger maintenance
- Analytical review of Corporate / Facilities costs including accruals and prepayments as needed
- Creditors reviews
- Managing the finances for the company's Travel Administration
The successful candidate will most likely be Part Qualified with one of the major UK accounting bodies or hold an AAT qualification, but experienced unqualified candidates will be considered. Candidates must demonstrate tenacity in establishing the full picture of any situation they are working on and choosing the appropriate action.
- Previous supervisory or management experience in a small team environment
- Able to quickly learn new applications, including non-financial tools and processes
- Implementation experience in one or more of the listed project activities is advantageous
- 2+ years experience of preparing reconciliations of prepayments and accruals that convey the story rather than list transactions
- Good written and spoken English
- Experience of multi-currency working and culture in a financial role.
- 2+ years use of a financial systems package such as GP, Sage etc. Experience with a related reporting / data extraction tool is advantageous
- Excel skills sufficient to manipulate and tabulate data using Pivot Tables, conditional calculations and linked workbooks
To be clear, this is not a role suitable for a qualified accountant, as you will not have the opportunity to utilise your full range of skills, however for someone part qualified this could be invaluable.
In return, candidates will find an opportunity to develop and round their skills which is almost unique at the part qualified level.
Our client is also hugely flexible around salary and will listen to candidates requirements, before making an offer dependent on their level of qualification and experience.