Assistant Financial Accountant
Permanent Assistant Financial Accountant Opportunity - Worksop
Your new company
Your new company is a large, well know and established national organisation based in Worksop.
Your new role
Your new role is that of an Assistant Financial Accountant, supporting the Senior Financial Accountant with the production of monthly primary financial statements as well as the production of statutory accounts for Group entities.
- Reconcile the trial balance and post journals where necessary to ensure the month end reports are in line with accounting standards
- Produce primary financial statements, using the agreed template, to submit to Group within agreed timeframe
- Produce balance sheet, cash flow and fixed cost forecasts for inclusion in the site submission
- Prepare the month end commentary for the balance sheet, cash flow and fixed costs
- Monitor the established internal financial control environment to ensure that current standards are maintained
- Prepare statutory accounts for Group Entities in accordance with relevant accounting standards
- Manage recharge of central costs to trading entities
- Ensure VAT is correctly accounted for.
- Reconcile supplier income from rebates and ensure cash is received
- Bank reconciliations for multiple currencies
- Manage, lead and develop the Assistant Accountant to ensure business processes are followed
- Liaise with Head Office to ensure all costs have been captured and forecast is robust
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be part-qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA with strong communication skills to both finance and non-finance stakeholders. You will also have some previous experience of statutory account preparation.
What you'll get in return
You will work for a large organisation where opportunities for personal development are readily available. My client is willing to support with further study and provide future opportunities for you to move into more senior positions.
A generous salary of c.£25,000 per annual is available with generous holiday allowance and study support.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.