The principal responsibility of the Financial Accountant will be to support the general accounting function of the Shared Service Centre.
Global pharmaceutical organisation
- Completion of month end accounting duties as assigned to the role, e.g.
- Prepare, review and/or post monthly accruals and prepayments
- Review and investigate significant costs and variances
- Analyse and ensure confirmation of intercompany balances
- Prepare monthly journal entries as required.
- Manage a P/Q Accountant
- Complete nominated monthly balance sheet account reconciliations in line with group deadlines.
- Prepare company reporting schedules for submission to group.
- Review AP and Cashier payments and authorise bank payments in line with corporate policy and controls.
- Assist in preparation of VAT returns, Intrastat returns and NSO reports for all nominated entities.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley control environment.
- Ensure accounting policies are being followed.
- Provide internal and external auditors with requested documentation.
- Assist in preparation of tax return submission data for all nominated entities.
- Prepare P11Ds and government statistical forms and address corresponding queries.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Identify and escalate items likely to cause interest at a higher level
- Responsible for building and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders
Accounting qualification (ACA/ICAS/CIMA/ACCA)
Several years experience working in industry/practice.
Knowledge of accounting policies, processes and systems
Strong numerical and analytical skills
Able to challenge the way things are done and look at ways to make improvements
Strong attention to detail
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Competitive basic salary and package.