Accounts Assistant - Part Time 20 Hours
All round part time Accounts Assistant, fixed term contract for 14 month maternity cover - 20 hours per week
Your new role
This role is an all round accounts assistant role for a 14 month maternity cover. Duties will include but not be limited to;
- To receive, check and approve invoices for payment, apply the relevant cost centre codes and raise payments
- To undertake monthly sales invoicing and revenue assurance
- To undertake weekly banking
- To ensure that all financial data is input and maintained in a timely manner.
- To manage the petty cash system including payments, processing onto accounts system with VAT analysis and performing reconciliations.
- To record VAT transactions correctly to support submission of statutory returns.
- To produce and reconcile end of month reports - to include accruals and prepayments calculations and journal processing, income reconciliations, check on suppliers and employees standing data.
- To collect all receipts due in a timely manner and perform regular debt collection activity.
- To maintain the fixed asset register on a monthly basis in relation to additions and disposals made.
- To support the Finance Manager in the completion of balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- To reconcile the bank statements on a weekly basis.
- To assist in the preparation of budgets through the annual budget setting process.
- To assist in the production of monthly budget monitoring statements and reporting on the annual budget regularly throughout the financial year.
- To place orders for goods and services
- To develop and maintain manual and electronic systems for the management and storage of financial data.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience in all of the above criteria and be able to work unsupervised following a period of training. You will hold an AAT qualification or be working towards completion. You will be a self starter who is used to fast paced work. You will be immediately available and have the ability to hit the ground running.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £20,541 per annum, working hours of 20 per week over 3 or 4 days. Onsite parking and a friendly working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.