Senior Internal Auditor
Working as part of the Risk team, managing and owning the internal audit activity. Supporting members of the senior leadership teams, partnering with the business in relation to risk management. Building relationships, developing an excellent understanding of the business nationwide, supporting data protection, GDPR and having strong connections with finance and IT.
Award winning retail brand in Basingstoke. A fast paced, customer driven dynamic workplace. With people passionate about the work, exciting stakeholders to work with and a fantastic work life and play hard environment. Feel like a valued member of staff who will interact with the entire business, have ownership of your work. If this isn't enough to sell you on the business - this is a business experiencing consecutive back to back years of profitability and has 0% travel with the role. Rare for a Senior Internal Auditor position.
- Contributing to planning and development of a risk focused internal audit plan - partnering and owning each entity with the organisation nationwide
- Delivering audit plans, supporting management, supporting and executing compliance, financial, operational, technology risk based reviews
- Reviewing documentation and methodologies improving processes and controls
- Undertake delivery of sections of audit assignments and support business area engagement, including finding follow up and closure.
- Ensuring facts of the audit findings, the risk severity and impact, and timing of remediation are fully supported, and agreed by process owners.
- Build successful busrelationships with auditees and other stakeholders in the business to influence and strengthen operational efficiencies and effectiveness
- Supporting data protection officer, GDPR considerations for new business initiatives
Strong understanding and working within a multisite organisation
Do you have experience working in an internal audit, compliance or risk assurance role? CIMA, ACA, ACCA, ICA qualified or something similar.
Seeking driven individual with the ability to assess and suggest improvement to process across diverse groups and business units having strong individual analytical problem solving skills. proven track record of building effective relationships.
Objectivity and ability to challenge norms and standard operating processes is required.
Confident in challenging the business
Ability to work within a team and be passionate into the products sold to customers.
Salary flexible on £60,000
Working from home capabilities
0% travel - all based in Basingstoke
Competitive pension 8% matched
28 days holiday + bank holidays + 5 days sell / buy back
15% bonus (paid out the last 6 years)
Supportive team environment, supportive and playful culture, involvement with the whole business and value added, feel noticed, wanted and make a difference to the bigger/wider organisation