Management Accountant - FTSE 250 - Surrey
The role will work with the Regional Financial Controller in the control and reporting of several trading business units. The role will assist in ensuring that the costs and revenues are accurately reported as well as assisting with statutory, payroll and tax reporting.
A growing and well known US business in Surrey.
- Assist the Financial Controller at month-end with detailed Actuals reporting, variance analysis to budget and trend analysis.
- Create and post cost and revenue journals, including prepayments, accruals and deferrals.
- Maintain the business unit balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with key company controls.
- Create cost, sales and other revenue and financial performance reports as required.
- Work closely with the Financial, Planning and Analysis department and the wider business to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Post and review payroll journals, liaising with payroll bureau as required.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sales tax returns
- Deal with taxation matters via liaison with local profession advisors and internal tax manager.
- Assistance to auditors with the annual interim and final group and statutory audit.
- Statutory Financial Statements preparation in line with IFRS / FRS 102.
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliation.
- Other duties include bank payments / postings.
- Be a resource for frequent ad-hoc queries from various stakeholders including Group Finance, Sales, HR and the Shared Service Centre.
- Recently qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience in month end close process.
- Experience in preparation of Statutory Financial Statements would be beneficial.
- Any country specific experience helpful, but not essential.
- Any prior exposure to control environment advantageous.
- Intermediate Excel (macros not required, but Pivot tables and vlookups essential).
£40,000 - £55,000 + Bonus
*Please note, our client is looking for someone who is newly qualified, ideally ACA from top 20 practice