Senior Commercial Accountant
A great opportunity to join a leading business in Wiltshire
Your new company
A leading business based in Wiltshire
- Part of a cross functional new business team that works across the business and aims to add value to the customer by clearly demonstrating points of differentiation.
- Working with the Business Development Managers, responsible for ensuring the financial and commercial aspects of tender responses are robust and consistent with group policy
- You will have a proactive involvement with senior operational and financial managers in the business sectors to ensure critical financial review of all new business projects. This will cover costing, commercial risk, investment appraisal, pricing and commercials.
- Responsible for the internal financial briefing and approval process, ensuring full compliance with the Finance Manual.
- Occasional customer interaction to support the business development teams as required, requiring effective presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Support the implementation and start up of new business activities as required by the commercial and financial needs of each project
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- We are seeking a qualified accountant who is comfortable working in a fast-paced bidding environment to support growth aspirations
- Previous experience of working in a commercial environment is essential
- You must be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the market sectors in which we operate and the commercial aspects of the relationships with customers
- You must have excellent numerical reasoning and analytical capability plus a strong understanding of accounting concepts (including investment appraisal)
- You will have an ability to clearly articulate key messages to senior and non-finance managers, providing the necessary insight to enable senior stakeholders to 'sign-off' new business bids
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to build effective relationships to be able to gain trust from executive level through to operational management and customers.
- Ability to convey complex financial information to a diverse audience, including non-financial managers
- You will need to demonstrate drive, determination, innovation and flexibility to manage relationships, workloads and deadlines whilst providing diligence and ownership of the financial and commercial elements of the bid
- Ability to challenge and offer different perspectives
- You will be required to work both autonomously and as part of cross functional teams.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and aptitude in how to use IT / technology to drive performance.
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.