Finance Accountant - Alfreton - Salary up to £30000
Finance Accountant opportunity to join a growing group in North Derbyshire with an excellent brand.
To assist the Financial Accountant with the preparation of the monthly management accounts and to assist with ensuring that the balance sheet is fully reconciled.
Your new company
A well-established, growing brand with offices based in Alfreton seeking to appoint a Finance Manager into a new team due to relocation of the department.
- Prepare monthly Management Accounts to trial balance
- Provide an analysis of the monthly Management Accounting figures that includes explanation of variances to budget and forecasts.
- Payroll journal posting to ledgers
- Prepare and post Accruals and Prepayments
- Complete and return National Statistics forms
- Prepare monthly group VAT & Intra-Stat returns
- Any ad hoc journals as required by the Financial Accountant
- Review Postings to the P&L during the month
- Year End account preparation with required analysis
- Closing Stock Ledgers and Reconciling Stock Values and assessing provision requirements.
- Draft the Management Reporting Pack
- Conduct Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Assist in Year End procedures and reconciliations and deal with external auditor requests
- KPI Reporting
- Prepare reports on the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and General Ledger for management
- Prepare reports on any Balance Sheet reconciliation discrepancies
- Ad hoc projects
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Self-starter, must be able to work under own direction
- Proactive response to problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible, ability to support and work with various departments and levels of management
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Reliable and punctual
- Eager to learn
- Very well organised
- Team player
- Strong and confident communicator.
Education and Experience:
- The candidate should ideally have attained the relevant qualification for the role, preferably AAT qualified/part qualified ACCA/ClMA/qualified by experience
The candidate should have proven experience of preparing accounts within a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to apply core accounting skills;Preparation of accounts up-to trial balance level
- Reconciliation skills
- VAT and Banking Experience
- Ability to use Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Excel and Word at intermediate / advanced level a requirement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.