Associate Finance Director
Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and progressive Arm’s Length Body? We are looking for a Qualified Accountant to come and work with us at the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to lead the Resource Impact Assessment team. We are proud of the work we do and the impact of our work.
We can offer you a great place to work with good benefits, flexible working and a supportive, friendly and inclusive environment. We highly value training and development and encourage professional growth and development. We have a collegiate culture committed to producing high quality work, taking collective responsibility and celebrating success.
In the role of Associate Finance Director - Resource Impact Assessment, you will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of the NICE Resource Impact Assessment Team, NICE’s team of accountants that work to cost the impact of our guidance and guidelines.
You will work closely with senior colleagues across NICE to ensure that the resource impact of NICE’s guidance, advice and standards are assessed as part of the guidance development process. You will also lead on the development of tools to communicate the impact of NICE’s guidance on financial flows across the NHS to key audiences at national, regional and local levels.
You will also lead on engagement with wider health system colleagues to support the use of these tools which will enhance your visibility and reputation as a leader, whilst further enhancing the profile of NICE within the health and care sector.
The role requires an awareness of current national health policy agendas, linked to a clear understanding of local and regional NHS delivery systems, as well as knowledge of how financial flows impact on the adoption of new medicines, technologies and clinical guidelines across the NHS.
What you will bring to NICE:
- Effective leadership and influencer of people
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across multidisciplinary teams to develop NICE’s approach to resource impact assessment of medicines, technologies, clinical guidelines and digital products.
- Specialist knowledge acquired over a significant period, particularly relating to the budget impact of changing clinical pathways as a result of NICE guidance for either a NHS commissioner or provider.
- Ability to analyse complex issues, to think and act strategically and to exercise sound judgement in the face of conflicting pressures and deadlines
- An expert understanding of financial flows in the health and care sector.
- An enthusiasm for growing and developing professional finance staff within Resource Impact and working with colleagues in NICE’s finance team.
NICE values the finance profession and their staff by recognising, promoting and supporting CPD. We are a member of the North West skills development network, a CIMA premier partner and an accredited employer with CiPFA and AAT.