Systems and Project Accountant
The Systems and Project Accountant is a key role within the CAvS UK Finance team. It has ownership of, and responsibility for, process and system improvement across the team to support transactional finance, financial reporting and management accounting areas.
A leading global technology and services innovator, notoriously providing solutions for the most challenging environments from the sea, to the sky and space.
- Functional ownership of all financial systems within the Business Unit (including but not limited to Access, Sage and Cognos), as well as ensuring the appropriate interfaces with operating systems, and in conjunction with the IT Application Analyst, maintain the overall finance system and process architecture on behalf of the CAvS UK finance team
- Interaction with the Group Finance team on relevant system changes and upgrades, with particular focus on MPC and other group reporting tools
- Design and deliver a short-term solution to consolidate disparate reporting processes across legacy elements of the newly-formed CAvS UK Business Unit
- Act as finance lead for implementation of a new ERP across the Finance function, as well as other Group-wide systems and process initiatives
- Ensure appropriate tax reporting framework and controls are maintained in order to achieve ongoing compliance with SAO reporting requirements
- Assist in the establishment of financial controls, systems and processes within new legal entities and branches, and with the closure of legacy entities and branches where necessary
- Excellent Microsoft Excel/financial modelling and analytical skills
- Ability to work unsupervised, with the drive to understand complex, multi-faceted scenarios from a financial perspective
- Prepared to work flexibly to achieve deadlines and multi-task, re-adjusting priorities and delivering accordingly
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in cross-functional teams and to influence others at all levels of the organisation, applying healthy and vigorous challenge where appropriate, but through constructive and collaborative means
- Able to present and communicate financial information to both Finance and non-Finance colleagues
- An opportunity to collaborate and work with the wider Buessness Unit Finance team as well as other functions and operational colleagues.
- Use your experience to support continuous improvement processes across the business
- Represent the Business Unit from a finance systems perspective at Group level, interacting with stakeholders of different functions and levels as appropriate