- Opportunity to work for a "silver circle" law firm in West Central London.
- Opportunity to manage a team of five.
This law firm were founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 and now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 900 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal and non-legal services to companies and individuals. Their London offices are based in Holborn. They are regarded as forming part of the "Silver Circle" of leading law firms.
The key responsibilities of the successful Finance Manager will include:
- Review and oversee preparation of monthly P&L's - Departmental Contribution Statements / Overhead Statements / Firm Profit & Loss statements;
- Provide critical variance analysis of performance against budget and prior year of firm's costs;
- Liaise with Business Operations managers to improve their understanding of financial performance along with overseeing preparation of monthly departmental reports;
- Prepare cost and overhead budgets, and annual cashflow budget;
- Oversee weekly supplier/employee expenses payment runs ensuring appropriate authorisation and coding of invoices and expense claims;
- Full responsibility for the general ledger of the LLP and General Partnership, ensuring the general ledger is fully reconciled and with high quality transactional postings;
- Produce monthly cashflow statement and forecast;
- Review and preparation of quarterly VAT returns for the LLP, General Partnership, and other entities;
- Prepare the Annual Accounts for audit review for the LLP group and associated entities, and being main point of contact with the auditors;
The successful Finance Manager will have:
- An ACA/ACCA/CIMA or international equivalent
- Legal experience preferred but not essential
- Practice background preferred but not essential
- Significant experience of using Aderant, or other similar practice management system
- Excel/spreadsheet working to highest levels
- Ability to write and run SQL queries preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to manage a team
- Ability to 'run with the program'
A competitive salary and benefits package.