Commercial Manager - Finance Background - Cardiff To £55,000 + Bens - 12 Month contract
Your new company
Your new company is a large utilities organisation.
Your new role
Your new role as a commercial manager is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity.
As a commercial manager, you will :-
Possess a recognised finance qualification or significant experience of operating in finance related environment.
Sitting within the newly established Wholesale Service Centre you will be responsible for receiving
and evaluating requests from:
Principal duties ;-
- To manage the Market Operator Settlement timetable and reports for all planned and unplanned settlement runs.
- To understand, report and manage the Market Operators Charge Calculation, Allocation and Aggregation and undertake the submission, maintenance and updates of the Wholesale Tariff data to the Market Operator;
- To manage the interaction with the Market Operator utilising low volume interfaces and retrieve reports generated by the Market Operator, including the provision of tariff data and other data sets to the Market Operator;
- Working closely with the Regulation and Charging Team, prepare annually the Wholesale Tariff Document, ensuring charges are cost reflective and that a level playing field exists for parties accessing those services including our own retail business;
- Calculation of cost reflective bespoke charges in line with charging policy;
- Assess any regulatory changes which impact existing market activities and/or commercial offerings;
- Assess commercial opportunities to produce/assist in the production of businesses cases for management information/approval;
- Respond to new and ongoing queries related to the NAV market;
- Where required, work with the Legal Department to establish formal contractual arrangements;
- To act as Contract Manager and to attend monthly performance meetings. Instigate and co-ordinate sustainable issue resolution, while ensuring lessons are learnt from referred work, policies updated, adherence monitoring is improved and that other similar exceptions are identified quickly.
- To develop and manage all performance reports for both external bodies and internal departments and ensuring the monthly reports are completed in accordance with the latest MO reporting requirement;
- To manage and progress the Business Assurance framework, within the Wholesale Service Centre and continue to follow the ISO9001:2015 format. In addition ensure the 'Code of Conduct' reflects Wholesale requirements;
- To manage and review any departures from standard wholesale charges;
- To manage and develop all Service Level Agreements with internal departments and undertake monthly performance meetings;
- Take consideration of legal positions, case law, regulatory guidelines and adjudications; Obtain and co-ordinate legal support where required and Instigate enforcement action where required (e.g. waste notices, warrants of entry, county court recovery action, etc.); Work with the Strategy and Regulation team on commercial developments;
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will have a professional accounting qualification and significant experience in a commercially focused contract management style role. You will have great stakeholder engagement and the ability to communicate at all levels.
What you'll get in return
In return you`ll be offered a 12 month contract with a leading welsh utilities business. A salary of £44,000 - £54,000 dependant on experience and attractive benefits to include 25 days holiday year, a great pension and the opportunity of flexible working. We will consider a candidate to work 4 days a week for this role if required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.