Fixed Asset Accountant
On behalf of a business based in Reading I am recruiting for a permanent Fixed Asset Accountant to join their expanding finance team.
My client offers an excellent working environment with flexibility around hours and the opportunity to work from home.
The successful applicant for this role will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Prepare capital budgets and forecasts for review by Finance Manager in liaison with key contacts within the internal departments
- Assist colleagues with the preparation of business cases for major programmes, ensuring all costs are fully captured and benefits accurately considered
- Act as the Finance approver for day to day expenditure on capital expenditure projects, ensuring expenditure is within budget and coded correctly
- Produce medium and long term cashflows relating to capital projects and liaise closely with the Treasury Manager to ensure all cash flow implications are considered.
- Produce regular capital expenditure reports on major projects for senior colleagues and liaise with key contacts to investigate any variances.
- Maintain the fixed asset register ensuring additions and disposals, including sales of land, are accounted for correctly and monthly reconciliations are carried out between the fixed asset register and the general ledger. Ensure the correct accounting for both capital and maintenance programmes.
- Provide regular input into the planning and budgeting cycle including accurate forecasting of depreciation charges.
- Produce the consolidated group's fixed asset note and liaise with auditors as appropriate.
To be considered for this permanent role you must the following background:
- Studying towards the middle/latter stages of ACCA/CIMA or QBE
- Educated to a degree level in a numerical subject or AAT
- Exposure to the majority of the above tasks
- Intermediate excel skills including the ability to perform Vlookups and Pivot Tables
Full study support plus a clear progression route.