Head of Finance
A leading, ethically responsible SME in Stroud are looking to hire a commercially minded strategic Head of Finance to take on the responsibility of the finance team.
About the role
As part of the Group Finance function, this role will report into the Chief Financial Officer and forms a pivotal part of the leadership team. The Head of Finance supervises end-of-period processes and leads the analysis of the business performance, budgets, forecasts, ensuring appropriate financial controls are in place. The role also oversees Internal Audit, Payroll, Tax, Treasury, FP&A and Commercial services within the function.
Due to rapid growth, this is an exciting time as the finance department aims to provide the best support to the wider business, through system enhancements and process improvements.
Core Responsibilities Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and under their guidance, the core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating the agenda for change across the financial and management accounting teams
- Managing and supporting the delivery of:
- Expenditure profiling
- Financial advisory services relevant to the area of work
- External audit services
- Financial processes and controls
- Managing the group's financial and management accounting system
- Advising the CFO on policies and procedures relevant to the area of work
- Ensuring financial compliance consistent with the requirements of a regulated Energy company and company law.
- Managing of all statutory reporting, corporation tax, treasury and financial controls, delivering consolidated financial reporting.
- Managing and developing the Transactional Services and teams (c.30 staff).
- Managing and developing Group Finance function (Management Accounts c.6 staff).
- Implementing continuous financial audit and control systems to monitor the performance of the organisation.
- Continuously driving to improve processes and systems to ensure the business is receiving the best quality information in the shortest possible time.
- Overseeing Group cash-flow and treasury management.
- Creating and managing company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation and acquisitions, as appropriate.
- Managing of external auditors and tax advisors as for the year end.
- Establishing a high level of credibility and managing working relationships with external parties including customers, advisors, and banks.
- Collaborating closely with FP&A and Management Accounts on budgeting and forecasting activities.
About the Candidate Essential Skills & Expertise
- Track record of success in a similar role and demonstrable career progression within a finance function
- Demonstrable and in-depth experience of:
- Experienced in setting smart objectives, delivering to the required level of SLA and KPIs in order to deliver business goals
- Track record of achievements through others and of building positive working relationships, supported by excellent communication skills (written, spoken, presentation)
- Experience of delivering fit for purpose reports and advice to senior management.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to rapidly interpret, concisely explain and act on complex information.
- Change management specifically ERP systems, teams, process and controls.
- Stakeholder management, primarily Executive team, Banks, Audit & Tax firms, Long-term financing institutions.
- Highly motivated and able to deliver a broad task specification to target with minimal supervision.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to resolve conflicting priorities when dealing with customers' needs.
- Successful leader to adapt style to meet the needs of peers, colleagues, team members and customers.
- Takes ownership of problems, generates options with a balance of technical and commercial acumen to stakeholders.
- Very strong organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise own workload and that of others in a pressurised environment and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills in order to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- An experienced manager leading a finance function delivering high performance and continuous improvement as well as excellent financial analysis.
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA etc) with +5 years PQE.
- Experienced in the use of SAP and excellent IT skills including MS Office suite, in particular Excel modelling tools.
This is an exciting opportunity for a market leading organisation within the Gloucestershire area paying a competitive package and offering a progressive opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.