Junior Business Analyst
Immediate vacancy for a day rate Junior Business Analyst . You will be a graduate with a 2.1 or 1st class classification, with A's and B's at A Level and have previous experience in an analyst or report writing role within a finance or numerate field.
My client is an international property industry business with offices throughout the UK and abroad. They are looking for a Junior Business Analyst. City of London location.
The Junior Business Analyst role will have a split capacity not confined to finance, so if you are interested in broader analysis this role will suit you. If you are looking only for Financial Analysis this isn't the role for you.
Role responsibility: The individual will prepare accurate reports on business areas to include Health and Safety KPI's within which will be reviewed weekly by the Senior Management Team, and feed into the Board report,. As well as month and year end financial items.
The individual would spend around 50% of their time:
- Reviewing the incidents logged by the operational business (on a daily basis) via an in-house internet app
- Triaging the reports to identify serious matters
- Following up via phone or email on the more serious reports to determine if further action is required
- Liaising with the Health & Safety department and Property department to understand further actions
- Working with Ops, H&S or Property departments to create timelines for actions identified
- Following up to confirm progress against agreed timelines
- Feeding the information into a report
- Summarizing the next steps taken on the most serious incidents
- Ensuring that the report accurately reflects the incidents within the business, and contains the most relevant information
The individual would spend the remainder of their time assisting with data collection and analysis to support the work of the Corporate Development team, supporting these finance functions:
- Collecting, reviewing, and analyzing market data, such as price points, transaction data, tenant data
- Creating charts and powerpoint slides to present analysis
- Reviewing invoices against budgets to assist in cost reviews
- Working at month end in support of the Management Accounting and Analysis Corporate Development Team
- Looking at the cost of projects and analysis around this
- FP and A analysis
- Merger and Acquisition viability and commerciality
- Assisting in the preparation of SMT and Board reports.
The successful candidate will have A's and B's only at A Level and be a graduate with no less than 2.1 degree from a red brick or better university. Ideally a numerate degree also.
Other important factors to secure the role of the Junior Business Analyst will be:
- Previous experience 6 months to years within a report writing and analysis role
- Attention to detail to ensure accurate reporting
- Time management to work with the operations team to create timelines and track progress
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence in speaking to people across the business to gather information
- Capability in using Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Numerate and literate (undergraduate degree / or good A levels / or equivalent work experience)
- Be able to commute to City of London location.
If you secure the Junior Business Analyst role you will have a day rate of £120-200 per day and be offered an indefinite length contract for the foreseeable future with an international property industry business in the city of London location.
Please only apply for this role if you are interested in a broader scope of Business Analysis not just Financial Analysis. This is about making improvements and driving the business forwarded in multiple key areas so bear this in mind when reading the specification.