The Financial Controller leads the finance team in the clients headquarters and has primary responsibility for the completion of monthly management reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
The client is a private equity backed business and is the countries largest producer/distributer in their field.
- Manage a large finance team taking full responsibility for AP, AR and cash management alongside all necessary staff appraisals and development.
- Prepare detailed and accurate monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts including P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow information with supporting reconciliations, analysis and commentary.
- Take responsibility for the compliance of the company with all relevant laws and regulations - e.g. VAT, PAYE etc.
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non- financial users and have regular interaction on financial matters with members of our staff.
- Support other members of the finance team to maintain a range of financial, commercial and operational KPIs.
- Support the CFO and other directors on various adhoc projects. Support the senior operational managers with finance input as needed in the running of the business.
- Continually review financial and operational processes looking for improvements in efficiency and control.
- Lead the annual audit process working effectively with our external advisers. Work with other advisers as required - bank, tax, pensions, insurance etc
- Fully qualified accountant with post-qualified experience in a similar position. Private equity experience beneficial.
- Willingness and ability to work as a member of a high performing team.
- Strong focus on appropriate controls and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent MS Office skills including excel in an environment with a high volume of transactions.
- Advanced communication skills and able to get a message across effectively to any audience.
- Up to date technical accounting skills and a confidence in maintaining and improving a month end process.
- A strong people manager who can motivate, develop and retain members in their immediate team.
- A confidence to challenge where necessary in an appropriate, factual and balanced way.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and workloads.
- An ability to show initiative and work unsupervised and take responsibility.
- Good systems experience and experience of integrated finance and operational systems.
The client is offering an excellent salary teamed with an excellent benefits package and potential for growth in the role.