The role will support the business on all financial and accounting matters. This will be a hands-on position with a very varied list of responsibilities. You'll support on everything from transactional finance, to producing the monthly management accounts, budgeting & forecasting, analysing sales and ensuring the business is growing in the right way.
The MD is also looking for someone who can work closely with him on strategic decision-making.
Our client is a privately owned business with roots in the US. After establishing themselves in the UK in 2016, they've shown incredible growth over the past few years which has been both organic and acquisitive.
The growth is projected to continue over the coming years as their acquisitions develop, the market they're in continues to dominate, and they look to expand in to new locations.
- Experience of end to end accounting - from book-keeping through to management accounts, forecasting, budgeting etc
- Enthusiastic, willing to get involved in any aspect of the business as required
- Able to work independently, not requiring constant guidance
- Confident in producing month end accounts, invoice discounting reconciliations and explaining results to internal and external users
- Able to use technology to make book-keeping processes more efficient - ideally with experience of Quickbooks Online and/or Xero
The right candidate will be a qualified accountant with transactional experience as well as experience in a Senior Finance position. You'll be happy to 'roll up your sleeves' and get involved with a broad range of tasks, and proactively seek out improvements and changes to the business from a financial perspective.
On offer is a rare opportunity to join a business which is in it's initial stages of an impressive growth journey.
You'll work with some great personalities. The office has a family feel, and retaining this culture is hugely important to our client.
The MD actively promotes flexible working so you'll have the freedom to work around your family commitments. He will also consider the role on a part-time (4 days per week) basis.