Head of Group Rent & Property Accounting - 12 month contract
- 12 month contract to manage the property and rents team at Group level
- Oversee the production of the Group investment property and trading property valuation books
My client is one of the largest commercial property development and investment company in the UK and situated in West Central London.
- Manage and motivate the Property and Rents team.
- Ensure that rent is accurately accounted for and reported, by property, on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the calculation of SIC 15s ('rent free' periods) are performed correctly, and the processes to capture and calculate them are robust and properly documented.
- Rent analysis should be produced on timetable and materially error free, both internally and externally. The analysis needs to be provided to the Group auditors at the half year and full year.
- Ensure the interim and full-year property valuation book is produced to timetable, and is materially error free. This is a high profile document and is provided to the Board and auditors.
- Assist in ensuring that the acquisition and disposal of properties is performed efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure that finance leases, trading properties and property, plant and equipment, are accounted for correctly, on both a UK GAAP and IFRS basis.
- Responsible for the co-ordination and review of the 'Combined Portfolio Analysis' (CPA) for half year and full year reporting.
- Review of selected notes in the half year and year end announcements.
- Preparation of some key tables in the half year and year end announcements.
- Liaison with external auditors and valuers
- Review property acquisition and disposal accounting.
- To be familiar with and keep abreast of the latest accounting requirements, in particular those relating to Revenue Recognition, Leases, Investment Properties and Trading Properties.
- Contribute towards the department's housekeeping, filing, record maintenance and internal control procedures
- Undertaking ad-hoc accounting projects and special reviews as required.
- In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the job holder may be required by management from time to time to undertake other tasks or duties considered to be relevant to the general function of the Financial Accounts Department and the business
- Accountancy qualification
- People management experience
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Understanding of the property sector
- Group consolidation and reporting experience
- Understanding of IFRS
- High level understanding of differences between UK GAAP and IFRS
- Daily rate between £350-450 (Limited/Umbrella Co)
- 12 month contract
- 9.30-5.30 working hours
- Great central location in very modern new build office
- Unlimited snacks all day in the office