Commercial Finance Manager
My client has created a Commercial Finance Manager position to support the FD and wider business in the development of decision making capability.
My client is an innovative Manufacturing business here in the East Midlands with a desire to improve, progress and develop to improve the experience delivered to customers. The business has customers throughout the UK and Europe and is set-up well to ride the challenges that may be faced in the coming months.
This new role is the latest demonstration of the willingness to invest in order to become more efficient and effective and to stay ahead of the competition.
You will be sat alongside finance with a direct line to the FD with the opportunity to influence key decisions and to drive the wider business performance.
A truly front facing Commercial Finance Manager position has been created to understand the key drivers, threats, weaknesses and most importantly, the opportunities that the organisation has over the coming 3-5 years. The role will not include the mundane churn of financial reporting however will focus on presenting the board with insights around stock, work in progress, raw material and other key areas.
Other key duties:
- Develop monthly and quarterly business performance reports and KPIs to drive activity
- Understand the customer requirements through meetings and regular dialogue
- Support the marketing and sales strategy
- Work closely with the accounts team
The board have collectively agreed that the next phase of growth can only be achieved through more qualitative insights about the business performance. As such, to be successful in the Commercial Finance Manager position, a business partner mentality will be key.
Working with, understanding and ultimately influencing the key stakeholders (Manufacturing and Operations Director, Sales and Marketing Director, HR Director and FD/MD) in a consultative and engaging manner is essential.
Also, to be successful, you will:
- Be able to build on a robust financial background within Management Accounts/FP&A
- Demonstrate mental agility and the ability to pick things up quickly
- Ideally be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with a degree or equivalent
- Have good communication skills
£55,000 - £70,000 + benefits