A technology start-up in central London is recruiting for a Finance Manager to be based in the London office. The role will be varied, fast-paced, and offer a wealth of project opportunity. There is also stock options on offer within the package.
This opportunity is with a technology start-up launched out of a larger software firm in the middle of 2018. They operate an app within the FinTech space and have a growing customer base which is already in excess of 5000 customers. The London team is a close-knit group of intelligent and committed individuals who are on an exciting path as they grow the business. Within this there is a new opportunity for a Finance Manager to join the team.
As the Finance Manager in this role you will lead all day-to-day activities for the finance function in London whilst supporting the Head of Finance for the parent company with more strategic activities. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Design of all reporting processes and implementation of controls;
- Assessment, selection, and implementation of accounting systems;
- Leading all reporting, budgeting, and forecasting activities;
- Assist and advise across treasury and tax matters whilst using external support;
- Support special projects (e.g. fundraising) as they arise.
As a strong application for the Finance Manager position you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA preferred with an audit background);
- Demonstrate previous ownership of reporting cycles and have some multi-currency experience;
- Show some element of project management experience (e.g. systems implementation, process design);
- Ideally have exposure to an SME/start-up environment and be comfortable with ambiguity;
- Possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to develop a strong business partnering environment;
- Be comfortable 'rolling up your sleeves'.
The offer to the successful Finance Manager will be:
- £65,000-£75,000 base salary dependent on experience
- Statutory pension
- Stock options
- Further benefits will be introduced over time
- An opportunity to build a finance function and make your mark whilst supporting a wider team of bright and passionate individuals.