A Finance Director opportunity working for a high growth sales organisation in the UK.
You will have a pivotal role in shaping the future success of the business, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
Our client is part of an international and PE backed group. The group is a truly innovative company leading the way in technological breakthroughs in their specialist field and, time and again, have inspired the market through new product innovation. For many years now they have grown exponentially - especially in recent years - in terms of sales, turnover, market share and manufacturing capacity. They are clear market leaders in their existing European markets. Looking ahead, they are forecasting continued growth in their existing markets and entering new, related markets, both through investment and/ or acquisition. The UK market is one of the strategic growth areas for them and they are looking for a Finance Director to play a pivotal role in this 100% owned UK sales-based organisation.
- As the Finance Director, based in Worcestershire, you will report to and have daily contact with the MD, as well as being a key member of the local Board. You will have full P&L and balance sheet responsibility, and play a critical role in the provision of financial direction and support for all business operations.
- You will be expected to proactively and effectively challenge performance, and to actively assist the MD and the Senior Management Team to improve overall business performance, interpreting monthly results. Acting as a finance business partner you will need to ensure the achievement of commercial objectives, compatible with business results, whilst also actively helping the business reach its commercial targets.
- You will need to ensure sound financial and commercial management; including budgeting, forecasting as well as cash flow management forecasting and reporting. You will also have responsibility for overall financial control as they continue to expand.
- You will also be undertaking specific local and group business improvement projects and actively working with the business to develop growth plans and future performance improvements. This will include an imminent ERP implementation.
For this Finance Director opportunity in Worcestershire, successful candidates must have/be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) with significant post qualification experience
- Demonstrable experience in a finance lead role and preferably in a sales organisation and SME environment
- Previous B2B industrial/ construction equipment industry experience preferred
- Proficient in the use of ERP systems (MSdynamics advantageous) and prior system implementation experience
- Strong technical accounting skills combined with strong commercial awareness to successfully inform the commercial business agenda.
- Ideally you will have worked in a similar sized organisation and have experience of working within a group structure.
- An analytical mind with the competence to translate into operational actions
- Flexible, hands on approach; able to take on multiple tasks and work on own initiative
- The person will also have the energy, ambition and enthusiasm to grow and add value to the organisation.
c. £80,000 basic salary and excellent benefits including a car and competitive bonus