Finance Assistant - Purchase Ledger
• Maintain and have full knowledge of the Purchase Ledger processes.
• Collate invoices and check for correct authorisation, and that nominal codings have been supplied. Referring invoices back to relevant budget holders where procedures have not been correctly followed. Where applicable, reconcile invoices with statements and chase up any outstanding invoices with the relevant budget holder.
• Timely resolution of invoice queries with suppliers.
• Allocation of VAT on invoices.
• Process invoices onto Dynamics GP.
• Prepare regular weekly payment runs and ah-hoc payments via electronic payment or cheque. The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following criteria:
• Experience of processing supplier invoices and maintaining a purchase ledger.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level.
• Organised, with effective time management skills to facilitate the meeting of tight deadlines.
• Ability to work methodically and with accuracy.
• Numerate with attention to detail. As mentioned my client is one of the top employers in Cambridge and their benefits and renumerations reflects this as well as offering a competitive basic salary the client offers; 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays), a free lunch when on duty, a generous contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and Medicaid scheme. If you would like to be put forward for this role please feel free to submit your cv to or contact Chris Maurice on .