The Finance Manager will be expected to operate as the Finance Director and the Company Secretary of their projects. This role will support the General Manager of the relevant projects in the effective delivery of the SPV's statutory and contractual obligations.
My client is one of the largest managers of PPP / PFI infrastructure assets including hospitals, schools and accommodation etc. They are a fast growing and highly aquisitive business with sites throughout the UK.
This is a broad based and varied role which will effectively mean that as Finance Manager you will be the FD and Company Secretary on the projects or SPV's that you oversee. Specific duties will include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Ensuring compliance with contractual documentation, statutory and regulatory frameworks and agreed programmes and procedures.
- Attending montly management accounts reviews
- Instructing the accounting team by providing specific financial procedures and information
- Instructing which payments are to be made to shareholders and debt providers
- Managing the payment authorisation process
- Undertaking regular reviews of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Manage the business planning and operating financial model update process
- Managing key stakeholder relationships with the board, funders, banks, client finance representatives and rating agencies.
- Acting as Company Secretary
- Attending board meetings
- Managing tax affaits
- Maintaniing and updating policies
- Advising on risk and opportunities
- Managing the statutory audit process and securing approval of the statutory accounts
- Review annual operating budget and reconciling to the operating financial model
The ideal candidate for this Finance Manager role will:
- Be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA or potentially CIMA)
- Have experience of working within a compliance focussed environment
- Be an excellent problem solver with a logical approach
- Be highly organised
- Have strong financial management / project finance experience
- Have the ability to maintain complex financial models
Basic salary of £55-60,000 +
- Discretionary bonus
- Excellent Pension