Working for a boutique investment bank in the City of London, you will be part of a 3 person team in accounts and will be responsible for the transactional finance duties.
A boutique investment bank based in the City of London, providing equity sales, sales-trading and corporate access service to investment managers.
We have an Accounts Assistant position opening in our accounts department to help with accounts receivable but there will be scope to get involved in all areas of accounts. We would like the candidate to have good excel skills for analysis and consolidation of large volumes of data and someone with a "can do" attitude who can pick things up quickly and is comfortable to get involved in the detail. This will be a temporary 1-year contract with a possibility to extend. All necessary training will be provided.
Working alongside the Accountant and Financial Controller, the role will consist of but will not be limited to:
- Sales invoicing - issuing invoices and liaising with clients.
- Dealing with queries from clients.
- Maintaining the related spreadsheets for control of invoicing.
- Doing the monthly accruals.
- Dealing with staff expense claims and maintaining a spreadsheet to monitor compliance with in-house rules on hospitality/gifts.
- Processing Barclay Card expenses, checking receipts against expense claims and making sure they add up, analysing out and posting to the accounts system (Navision)
- Looking after petty cash claims and float.
- Ad hoc account/expense analysis to assist with understanding of variances between management accounts and budget.
- Maintaining the full client's control sheet and monitoring free trials and contract stance.
- Assisting with Anti Money Laundering checks on clients.
- Monitoring client interactions.
- Uploading these interactions to client data portals.
You are likely to have 6-12 months previous experience within a finance/accounting role.
Previous sales ledger / accounts receivable invoicing experience is essential.
You will have good Excel skills - pivot tables and v look ups.
You must be a confident communication (both oral and written) as you will be dealing with clients and front office personnel.
This is a rare opportunity to join at a junior level in an accounting role within the investment banking sector.
Training will be given.
The role is initially offered as a 12 month fixed term contract with a view to going permanent potentially after that.