Finance Analytics Manager - Food Trading Data & Insight
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Commercial Finance team support the function through key deliverables using data, analysis and insight.
Our client are a leading and well-known retail business in Leeds.
The Commercial Finance Team plays a key role in supporting decision making. One of the team's key objectives is to find opportunities for that will unlock significant financial value. This is done through a combination of large scale projects and smaller, more regular deliverables. Examples of key areas of focus include product line profitability and range performance.
- Designing and implementing a framework for capture, maintenance and analysis of core data
- Designing and implementing an analytical suite enabling data driven MI to be embedded within the business
- Supporting the Senior Leadership team to provide objective analysis and support decision making
- Supporting individual areas to help drive category strategy
- Working closely with the Commercial Finance team to provide objective view of true performance
- Driving the BI agenda, helping to continually step on our analytical capability to ultimately make better decisions for our customers
- You will have previous experience using data visualisation software such (e.g. Tableau, Power BI etc) and data preparation software (e.g. Alteryx)
- You will have strong skills in MS Office software (Excel / Powerpoint)
- You will have some experience of using databases, including SQL queries / code
- You'll be able to display a high level of analytical capability and attention to detail and able to develop insight off back of detailed analysis
- You'll have strong communication skills and be confident, with the ability to challenge stakeholders where necessary
- Ideally you should have previous experience of working within a Data, Analytics or Insight focused role as part of a Finance team although this isn't essential
As well as a competitive salary, you'll also receive an excellent benefits package including a company car / car allowance, private medical cover, colleague discount, a company share save scheme, a competitive pension scheme, a company bonus scheme and extra perks such as discounts at cinemas, gyms and holidays.